Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Enviorments

Like my first post these are some environments I painted over the last few months. With this series I tried to create environments that look they are believable but beyond anything that exists today. I used Corel Painter for these paintings.

A few months ago I went to the Dominican Republic. It was so beautiful and this painting was inspired by it.


I used a different technique to start this painting. I used Scott Robertson's technique of using marker comps to find interesting compositions. I really liked it and I plan to use it again.


I love playing with rock formation and creating compositions that express motion.

I had just finished reading "The Princess Bride" and I was inspired to paint the swamp of fire. Maybe I will have to put and ROUS (Rodents of unusual size) in there.


I made some changes to the painting below after I first posted it. I changed some branches around that I felt were too distracting and would lead the eye off the page.

Here I thought of an interesting primal colony that lives in a massive cave the barrows deep in the earth. Perhaps some kind of mining colony live there. I added a detail clip of some of the mining huts that are clinging into the sides of the cave.


Again returning to unique mammoth land formations but this time I used ice. I like the unsettling mode that comes with this painting.

No comments: